A free weekly workshop for actors, writers and directors
WHO: Actors, Writers, Directors – no need to register, just show up!
WHERE: Maggie Flanigan Studio, 153 W 27th St, Studio 809, New York, NY 10001
WHEN: Tuesdays 6pm – 8.30pm
Every Tuesday from 6:00pm – 8:30pm, we host a free workshop where actors, writers and directors can work on their crafts and make connections with fellow industry artists. The first 30 minutes are open for artists to arrive early, eat, stretch, chat with collaborators, or check-in with The Attic team! Then at 6:30pm, it’s off to work!
Each week, writers are invited to bring up to 15 pages. Writers will receive feedback, while also providing material for actors, directors, and producers to work on. Once a month, writers are able to bring in longer pieces (15+ pages) for more detailed feedback. Some options include:
- Writer Feedback (general) – the writer gets general thoughts from all artists in attendance
- Writer Feedback (specific) – the writer gets detailed notes from directors/producers in attendance
- Actor Feedback – the actor gets directorial notes on a piece from a writer in attendance or a previously prepared piece
- Directing Exercises – new directors practice and explore their directing techniques, with optional feedback from more established directors.
- Writing Exercises – each week, we will provide one optional writing prompt for the upcoming week
- Actor Exercises – directors provide exercises for actors